Location: Brattleboro & Dover, Vermont
Fax: (802) 257-4289
Email: Email Me
Margaret joined Costello, Valente & Gentry in fall of 2019.
Before becoming an attorney, she was an anthropologist—focused on Indonesia and organic rice farming, then a sommelier, working in several aspect of the wine business including provisioning yachts in South Florida and as a wine writer. She has traveled all over the world, from backpacking and conducting research, to leading cycling tours in France. The first day she moved to Vermont, she knew she wanted to stay.
She lives in Brattleboro with her delightful toddler daughter, sweet scaredy-cat Squeak and hyper hamster, Monster.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Real Estate/Property Law
- 20% Personal injury
- 20% Civil Litigation
University of Texas in Austin, high honors
- Major: Anthropology
- Major: Religious Studies
University of Colorado, Boulder, cum laude
- Master of Arts in Biological Anthropology
Court of Master Sommeliers
- Certified Sommelier
Vermont Law School
- Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude
- Master of Environmental Law and Policy, with distinction
- On board of directors for The Family Garden childcare center, Brattleboro, VT
- Acting board member of the Development Review Board, Brattleboro, VT
- On board of advisors for the Big Bend Conservation Alliance, Alpine, TX
- Indonesian (sedikit)